Raytown current weather conditions

Click for Forecast

Weather Forecast

The location could not be found.

Clark’s Appliances donated to REAP

Click on +1 button to tell Google you like RaytownOnline

Subscribe to RaytownOnline.com via Email

Enter your email address to receive emails of the latest local news articles on RaytownOnline.com.

Kendra donated to Shepherd’s Center

Ads for Charity

Man Charged In Raytown Shooting


From the Raytown Police Dept.
Man Charged In Raytown Shooting

Raytown, MO – A 25-year-old Raytown man has been charged in the shooting Monday evening of another man in front of a Raytown residence, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker announced today.

Michael D. Monroe-Davis, dob 10/22/1989, faces Assault 1st Degree and Armed Criminal Action.*

According to court records, the 23-year-old victim was found by Raytown police who responded to a reported shooting in the 9400 block of East 82nd Street in Raytown. Witnesses told police that the defendant shot the man after they had been fighting inside the residence and in the front yard. The defendant pulled out a handgun and shot the victim one time in the chest. Then he left the scene. Raytown and Kansas City police found the defendant hiding in a house in Kansas City the next day and he was arrested.

Prosecutors have requested a bond of $250,000/10 percent.

From the Jackson County Prosecutors Press release.

On 08-17-15 at around 1653 hours, Officers were dispatched to 9418 E. 82nd St. Raytown, Missouri
64138 regarding a shooting. Officers arrived and observed that Mr. William L. Jones black male born 08-
06-1992 suffering from a gunshot wound to his chest. Witnesses stated that Mr. Michael Monroe-Davis
black male born 10-22-1989, with a street name “Meechi” shot Mr. Jones after a physical fight. They
began to argue inside of 9418 E. 82nd St. Raytown, Missouri and continued to the front yard. Witnesses
stated while outside Mr. Monroe-Davis pulled out a silver semi-automatic handgun and shot Mr. Jones in
the chest one time. Witnesses stated Mr. Monroe-Davis ran to his black Ford F-250 pickup truck, leaving
the scene. The victim was later transported to an area hospital.

On 08-18-15 at around 1600 hours, Detective Wolsey received an anonymous tip that Mr. Monroe-Davis
was hiding in a house located at 62xx E. 17th St. Kansas City, Missouri. The tipster also stated the
suspect’s truck was located in the area of 62xx  E. 151h Terrace Kansas City, Missouri, abandoned behind a
vacant house. Detectives Wolsey and Scott Gillespie located Mr. Monroe-Davis’ truck in an alley behind
the said address. Detective Wolsey verified the truck as being a black Ford F-250 Super Duty truck
bearing Missouri license of7DU-xxx with a VJN of IFT7X2B6XEEBxxxxx. Detective Wolsey verified
that the vehicle was stolen 08-11-15 from 22xx SW Walden Place Lee’s Summit, Missouri and that it was
our suspects vehicle. The SHP number for the stolen truck was 150811-08xxxx.

Mr. Monroe-Davis stated on 08-17-15 at around 6:00AM he received threatening text messages from Mr.
Jones. He stated Mr. Jones stated he was going to shoot Mr. Monroe-Davis 3 times. At around 2 or 3:00
PM Mr. Monroe-Davis decided to travel over to 94xx E. 82nd St. Raytown, Missouri 64138 to visit
friends. He stated he drove to the house driving the recovered stolen Ford F-250 listed above. He stated
Mr. Jones was at the house and they began to argue about the threatening text messages. Mr. Monroe-Davis
stated his friends broke the fight up while inside the house. He said he walked outside near the
driveway when Mr. Jones ran outside. Mr. Monroe-Davis said he observed Mr. Jones running towards
him with his right hand behind his leg as if he was holding a gun. Mr. Monroe-Davis stated he pulled the
handgun recovered from his backpack and shot him one time. Mr. Monroe-Davis stated he did not mean
for the gun to go off. Mr. Monroe-Davis stated he thought he killed Mr. Jones so he got back into his
black Ford F-250 and traveled back towards 62xx E. 17th St. Kansas City, Missouri. He said he got into a
short pursuit with KCPD and lost them, later parking the truck behind the 62xx E. 15th Terrace address.
Mr. Monroe-Davis stated he got the handgun from a friend after reading the threatening text messages
from Mr. Jones. Mr. Monroe-Davis had nothing further to add and was taken back to the booking area.


Leave a Reply